Saturday, August 9, 2008

Amazed by BEIJING 2008

I have to say I'm not what one would consider a sports fanatic. But.. every two years I find myself glued to the TV for two weeks during the Olympic Games. I think it's the concept of athletes from all nations and cultures assembling in the name of sportsmanship. I watch sports I would never dream of watching any other time. Each time the host nation has never ceased to amaze me with their creativity and hospitality. Beijing, China is no exception. The faces of the participants, especially the beautiful children in the opening ceremonies really touched me. The lighting of the flame by Li Ning was simply breathtaking! I hope during these two weeks the world can put aside differences and show support for these athletes that have worked so hard to get to this moment in their lives. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the events and can only imagine what they have in store for the closing ceremonies! All I can say is Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 has some big shoes to fill!! Best of luck to all the athletes. And I can't end this with out saying....

GO USA!!

1 comment:

*Akilah Sakai* said...

How to describe that opener...executed flawlessly! It was beyond creative. There was the singing controversy, but the planning and each and every act was a site to see.