Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight

I've anticipated this film for a while now. I've been a fan of the Batman movies since their beginning. I wish George Clooney was still playing Batman, but Christian Bale gives a very solid performance at best. I went in with a mix of excitement and sadness. The excitement was for the film as a whole and sadness in knowing I'd never see Heath Ledger in such a performance again. I haven't seen all of his work but I've loved every performance of his that I have seen. I think people may see me as a bit evil when I say..I was laughing at the character more than I was frightened or bothered by him. I guess that's the beauty of the Joker. Although he's evil, you still find the humor within the character. Heath's last project before he died was "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus". It's a fantastical story that thankfully was able to be completed and I'm hoping to see it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi gina, here I am. ferb. Just got back in town and read your e-mail. Thanks. I am going to watch batman right now with my husband. I will write a review later. Just wanted tosay hello. Cheers.

~GINA~ said...

Looking forward to your review Simone! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

So, Heath was wonderfull and saved the movie. If it was not for his acting the movie would really suck.The fighting scenes were not convincing and I like to see good looking guys in movies, and christian bale is not my cup of tea. My husband fell asleep 2 times, hahahahahaha. Cheers darling.

Anonymous said...

I finally got a chance to see The Dark Knight and I loved it. Who didn't?!

Yes, Heath did a great job. Man, he's come a long way from the first movie I'd seen him in, 10 Things I Hate About You. A Knight's Tale and The Patriot were other films everybody can remember from Heath's early days. It was sad when the movie was over and you realize you won't see what other projects he may have put out during his career.

And what's cool is supposedly Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude law took no money for helping complete The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. The money will go to his daughter Matilda.